The Ohio State University, under the authority of the Greek Ministry of Culture and the American School of Classical Studies at Athens, is carrying out a program of study and conservation at the site of the Sanctuary of Poseidon at Isthmia. Excavation at Isthmia was begun in 1952 by the University of Chicago, which still continues to work in the center of the sanctuary. In 1967 UCLA began a program of exploration, and in 1987 The Ohio State University Excavations at Isthmia undertook to complete the work begun by UCLA. We are currently involved in the study of the Roman Bath and a number of other parts of the sanctuary, including the East Field. Another major focus is the continuing restoration of the large monochrome mosaic in the Bath as well as the categorization, study, and publication of material excavated over the past twenty years.
From this section, you can learn more about fieldwork opportunities as well as the the excavation and research processes at Isthmia:
The OSU Excavations at Isthmia Electronic Notebook Collection
Visual Representations of Various Features at the Site
Lifting the Monochrome Mosaic in the Roman Bath
Finding and Cataloging the Pottery Dump